Author Topic: Help Please.  (Read 3343 times)

Offline thebookbloke

• VIP
    • View Profile
Help Please.
« on: September 27, 2023, 00:29:50 »
Hello

When I'm working on an individual, say adding an item of information like, for example, a census, all is fine until I save that work.

Then the window immediately changes focus to a person I was working on earlier. So, today, I'm adding some stuff for one George Crick. I add the census info, save it, and find myself looking at the window for Emma Bendell, who I worked on yesterday. To add more info for George, such as his occupation, I have to find him again, add the info, save it and, voilĂ , I'm back with Emma Bendell again.

This can't be right, could you please advise.

Apart from this quirk, I'm starting to like Ancestris very much.

I'm using Ancestris 12 on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.5.2

Cheers

Mick Reed

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 07:39:04 »
Some users has mentioned such an annoying behavior, but nothing in the code could explain it.
Which editor do you use ?
Which look and feel do you use ?

Zurga

Offline thebookbloke

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 08:15:55 »
Thanks Zurga

It happens in the GEDCOM editor if I paste something in, or delete something.

Also in the Aries editor if I save something, or otherwise exit that property.

I haven't used the Cygnus editor, but just tested it and it happened there when I saved something.

I've been using the Standard appearance. I'll try with Nimbus and Metallic to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Mick

Offline thebookbloke

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 12:36:41 »
Okay.

It seems as though this problem is limited to the Standard appearance. All seems well using either Nimbus or Metal. At least the problem hasn't emerged so far.

However, new issues regarding pasting into certain field exist in these appearances. I shall have to explore more deeply tomorrow and try to be a bit more precise.

Cheers

Mick

Offline thebookbloke

• VIP
    • View Profile
Sv: Help Please.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 21:12:46 »
Zurga

I think I've sorted this issue, at least for the moment.

The loss of focus seems to be confined to the Standard look and feel, as already mentioned. It seems okay with Nimbus and Metal.

However, pasting into certain fields does not work with Nimbus and Metal although it's okay with Standard. For example, I cannot paste a file path into the relevant field in these lokk and feels but I can with Standard - see attachment.

However, I downloaded the InfoNode look and feel and that seems to solve all the problems. At least so far.

I'm glad because I want to use Ancestris but these bugs could have been a deal breaker.

Best

Mick

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 22:22:03 »
Glad to see that.
I can't explain the behavior you have.
With Nimbus, I can copy with no trouble.
Perhaps it is linked with MacOS.

Zurga