Author Topic: Personal Chronology View  (Read 3154 times)

Offline DBK

• VIP
    • View Profile
Personal Chronology View
« on: September 10, 2023, 03:23:47 »
Has there been any consideration to adding a personal chronology view in Ancestris?  I have used these views in Gramps (timeline quick view) and Legacy (Chronology View). I really miss the functionality of these view when using Ancestris.  Basically they display events for a person but also include family events ( Birth of parents, siblings, children) along with date and location.  I think this would be a valuable addition to Ancestris,  I love this program and would love this tool incorporated. I can post examples if there is interest in seeing these views. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Offline mother10

• Global Moderator
  • Never give up trying to get what you really want!
    • View Profile
    • Motherware
Re: Personal Chronology View
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 07:36:24 »
Hello,

Have you looked at all the possible outputs from Ancestris?
There will be a page containing that, but i am in the process of writing it. That page is only in Dutch sofar, but you can have it translated.
It will contain screenshots of all possible outputs/prints

https://docs.ancestris.org/books/gebruikershandleiding/page/67-voorbeelden-van-de-rapporten

Maybe this helps a bit?

Regards,
Mother10
Vergeet niet naar de originele  Ancestris hoofdpagina te gaan, en heel belangrijk: Lees de  Documentatie !!!

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 11:19:39 »
Has there been any consideration to adding a personal chronology view in Ancestris?  I have used these views in Gramps (timeline quick view) and Legacy (Chronology View). I really miss the functionality of these view when using Ancestris.  Basically they display events for a person but also include family events ( Birth of parents, siblings, children) along with date and location.  I think this would be a valuable addition to Ancestris,  I love this program and would love this tool incorporated. I can post examples if there is interest in seeing these views. 

Thank you for your consideration.

I assume that you have looked at the "Timeline" tool available in "View menu".

We will put some chronology report on our to-do list.

Zurga

Offline DBK

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 00:50:33 »
Thank you.