Ancestris Support > ENGLISH

Merge Tool

<< < (2/2)

lemovice:
Hello,

I've tried to merge 2 ANSEL files and it's working fine for me, could you please try to save your files in another character format, UTF-8 for example, and retry to merge these files.

When you've got such problem please include the logs in a support request so that we can try to debug

Thank's

Dominique

oops66:

--- Quote from: lemovice on April 02, 2014, 20:37:06 ---...
   I've tried to merge 2 ANSEL files and it's working fine for me, could you please try to save your files in another character format, UTF-8 for example, and retry to merge these files.

When you've got such problem please include the logs in a support request so that we can try to debug...

--- End quote ---
Hello Dominique,
Thank you for the reply ... Well, I have found a work around ... I don't know why, but with ANSEL I had this bug (UTF-8 too), so I used UNICODE then the bug has gone.
So now the merge plugin is OK for me too ;-)

--- Quote ---  When you've got such problem please include the logs in a support request so that we can try to debug
--- End quote ---
OK, I have this error in the Logs:
Can't encode character  '+A0' in Ansel charset. Position 734 in: "0 @I00002@ INDI
INFO [ancestris.app]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Called DataObject.find on null

---------------------
PS: Is it better to use ANSEL instead UNICODE for ancestris ? Why ANSEL is by default (probably better for ancestris) ... but UNICODE seems to be more "universal" ?

****EDIT (in French) : OK I got an answer ...***
https://www.mail-archive.com/genj@ml.arvernes.com/msg05521.html

--- Quote ---> > L'ascii est à éviter, car tu n'auras pas les caractères accentués.

Si l'ASCII Gedcom c'est du 8bits : l'ANSI US, ce qui doit correspondre à
Windows, ce n'est pas trop bien défini.

UNICODE on oublie, c'est le code 16 bits avec une grosse perte de place
pour tout ce qui est compatible ASCII 7 bits. Ce ne doit pas être lu par
beaucoup de programmes de généalogie.

> > L'encodage par défaut est l'ansel.

L'ANSEL est complètement obsolète depuis une dizaine d'années pour sa
fonction premières : les bibliographies américaines. Il a été remplacé
par UTF-8, même la draft gedcom 5.5.1 le reconnait en l'acceptant.
--- End quote ---
... So I use UNICODE, because now days, I think than a lot of softwares support UNICODE ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version