Ancestris Support > ENGLISH

How Do I Enter A Second Marriage For An Individual ??

(1/1)

Mark Fuller:
Hi, very much a newbie here, and not a computer whiz either....

having problems entering a second marriage for one of my people. There are further complications, but I end up with a Spouse Panel with a Plus Sign to the right; this has the second wife, but I seem to only have one event for both marriages ?? Any attempt to enter the second event data overwrites the first.
           Also, is there any way for both marriages (ie spouses and issue) to be seen simultaneously rather than one at a time ??

The added complication (We'll worry about this later) is that the man married his widowed sister-in-law when his own first wife died, and his brother died. And that the two women were sisters.....I realise this might be impossible to portray, but I'd like all the marriages to be seen simultaneously if not the entanglements.

Zurga:
We all started one day.

First of all : try the right-click on button, you will have context menus with lot of options.

For the secondaries marriage (and more), right-click on the "spouse" button and add one.
This will create a new family for the new couple.
Genealogy is matter of individuals and family to manage link between individuals.

For the wedding date, select the correct spouse in the list and click to add a wedding.
You will ba able to create a new wedding event.

For the display of all at once, you won't be able to do it in the dynamic tree, but you can use the graph or the report "Graphic ascending and descending multi-generations tree"
These visualizations could display the family complications.

Zurga

Mark Fuller:
Thank you, that is what I have been doing, but was hoping that all weddings could be made visible on the tree. Thanks for your response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version