Author Topic: How to correctly add many witnesses to a wedding (in an Aldfaer imported Gedcom)  (Read 2612 times)

Online mother10

• Global Moderator
  • Never give up trying to get what you really want!
    • View Profile
    • Motherware
First: I read and reread the docs, but all I could find was an example of how to add a witness to a blessing in the Kennedy example.
No example of a wedding with witnesses.

I have a gedcom that is imported from Aldfaer.
Inside is a person that has 9 witnesses to its first wedding. I want to add the deed as a source to the witnesses because they are shown on it.

After the conversion I can see the witnesses in the Gedcom editor when I doubleclick on the corresponding FAMS record of that wedding.
(added a picture of that)

When I go to 1 of those witnesses in the Aries editor I see (other picture):

Eventtype is: MARR@
But when I try to add a new association, there is no marriage in the list I can choose from. (used the english Ancestris to be sure it was no translation error)
The MARR@ in the picture got there from the conversion, it was not added by hand.
It seems to work for a blessing as shown in the kennedy example. Blessing is in the list you can choose from.

Also, when I try to edit the excisting line (the one with MARR@ from the picture) it does not open the editor window, so I cannot add a source for example to this witness.

So what is the correct way to do this.
I understood that Gedcom in fact has no way to correctly add witnesses, so maybe this is not possible?
But then why is it there for a blessing in the Kennedy exmple.

Maybe the answer could be added to the docs, others might have questions about this too.

Thanks,
Tineke
Vergeet niet naar de originele  Ancestris hoofdpagina te gaan, en heel belangrijk: Lees de  Documentatie !!!

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
In few words : You can't create a witness at wedding with Aries.

Use Cygnus or GEDCOM editor to do it.

Zurga