Author Topic: Information about new Ancestris versions.  (Read 2962 times)

Offline mother10

• Global Moderator
  • Never give up trying to get what you really want!
    • View Profile
    • Motherware
Information about new Ancestris versions.
« on: November 04, 2022, 15:25:40 »
So far I am using Ancestris version 11 (as a new user, coming from the program Aldfaer)

I could use Version 12, but I was searching for information about that new version, before installing it.
Could it be installed NEXT TO my current version?
So I can either use version 11 or use version 12.

So far I could not find anything about what Ancestris is adding to version 12 or what is already added, or anything about what other things are in the pipeline for newer versions.
It seems that there is no place like for instance Github or so, that shows what is done and what is to come.

Is there any place to get that information, or are there plans to have such information online some day?

Thanks so far for a great program!!!!
Vergeet niet naar de originele  Ancestris hoofdpagina te gaan, en heel belangrijk: Lees de  Documentatie !!!

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Information about new Ancestris versions.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 17:23:50 »
You can use version 11 and 12 in parallel.
Version 12 has no installer, you just unzip the package and launch the application.

We use a svn repository for the code. (information here : https://docs.ancestris.org/books/contribution/page/coding#bkmrk-r%C3%A9f%C3%A9rentiel-subversi )
You have the list of improvements in this forum (update part).

We don't communicate on our pipeline because we are volunteers and some times we don't have time to do things or we change our minds about some modules.
We communicate on the list of features implemented when a new version is launched.

Zurga

Offline mother10

• Global Moderator
  • Never give up trying to get what you really want!
    • View Profile
    • Motherware
Re: Information about new Ancestris versions.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 17:39:38 »
Thanks very much.

I can understand, volunteers have more to do ofcourse. :)
I will have a look there.

Regards,

Mother10
Vergeet niet naar de originele  Ancestris hoofdpagina te gaan, en heel belangrijk: Lees de  Documentatie !!!