Author Topic: Show indifidual or family in dynamic tree from editor  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Doug Halsema

• VIP
    • View Profile
Show indifidual or family in dynamic tree from editor
« on: April 12, 2022, 06:01:14 »
When I am using anyone of the 3 editors is there a way to have the dynamic tree jump to the person or family I have opened in the editor.  I see how to right click in the GEDCOM editor to make the family or person the root in the dynamic tree which is very handy, but I don't necessarily want to make them a root, I just want to jump to them. If there is not a way to do that, is there a way to make a person a root in the dynamic tree from the Aires or Cygnus editors? --Thank you.

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Show indifidual or family in dynamic tree from editor
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 07:08:39 »
Use the buttons of the dynamic tree toolbar (https://docs.ancestris.org/books/user-guide/page/dynamic-tree#bkmrk-barre-d%27outils).
The one with the four green arrow allows you to center on the selected individual.

Zurga

Offline Doug Halsema

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 05:17:27 »
That is a great way to navigate the dynamic tree. Thank you.  I did try that and nothing seemed to happen. I think I see my mistake. Sometimes I may not have the correct tree root selected, so I have to change the tree root to correlate with the person in the editor.
On another occasion though, I will receive an error "Selected entity not visible in the tree".  I have the tree set to show 20 generations and the root in the tree is a direct ancestor only 5 generations back. so I'm not doing something correctly. In one instance (see the attached) you can see in the editor that Joseph E Green had 2 wives, so he is assigned 2 family numbers F2309 and F2341. But the second family F2341 does not appear in the family tree. Consequently when I search for one of the daughters, such as Deborah Green, she will not come up in the tree. Can you tell me why F2341 does not appear in the tree?

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 07:00:34 »
This is a limitation of the dynamic tree : you can't display at the same time all the marriages and the descendants of all marriages of an individual.
You have a "+" sign linked to the spouse to change the marriage displayed.

Zurga
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 14:40:09 by Zurga »

Offline Doug Halsema

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 14:15:49 »
Ah Ha! Thank you.

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 15:17:12 »
Ah Ha! Thank you.
If you want to center  your tree to a person you see in the tree view, double click on him/her. If it's a family, double click on the family box you want your tree to be centered on. Francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !

Offline Doug Halsema

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 17:02:46 »
Thank you for the additional tip Francois  8)