Author Topic: Save as filtered by _SOSADABOVILLE gives no indication of activity.  (Read 2895 times)

Offline justthisguy

• VIP
    • View Profile
I'm trying to 'save as' a GEDCOM file filtered by entities, including only those with the tag _SOSADABOVILLE.

When I execute the save, I see no indication that it has begun or failed, no progress indication and see only the time-stamped progress file and the chosen filename file, with the former being 3 bytes and the latter as 0 bytes.

I'm working with an enormous GEDCOM (1,090,582 individuals), and have left it running overnight more than once, without any indication that anything is happening.

Am I missing something? It seems like I should see at the very least some indication of failure or progress.

When I do a Save As Identical Copy, I see the normal progress indicator as the file is saved.

I've allocated 10 Gb to Ancestris, and performance is generally snappy, and the memory usage remains a couple of Gb or so below the allocation throughout.

My environment:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 18:12:13 by justthisguy »

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Généalogie personnelle et logiciel gratuit Ancestris
Re : Save as filtered by _SOSADABOVILLE gives no indication of activity.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 18:34:36 »
Hi,

Wow, 1 million individuals !!! That is the record !!!

Well, I need to try here with another big gedcom.

Is the _SOSADABILLE limitation the only filter used ? I'll do the same here to see what is happening.
As a trial on your side, what's happening with a smaller gedcom (Kennedy) ?

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re : Save as filtered by _SOSADABOVILLE gives no indication of activity.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 18:41:23 »
Did you have a forbidden sign on bottom right in the status bar ?

Normally, when you perform a saving actin, you can see a progress bar in the status bar at bottom right of the screen.
So I suppose that you experiment a trouble at the beginning of the copy then everything stops.

Could you check your log file (or send it to me : zurga @ ancestris . org ) ?

Zurga