Author Topic: Submitter "Isolated Entities" Non-Compliance with Validation Tool  (Read 2514 times)

Offline bott3322

• VIP
    • View Profile
I'm new to genealogy data entry and Ancestris, but am starting to get the hang of things. I'm using Version 11.

I check for GEDCOM compliance after doing batches of data entry via the menu option, Tools -> Validate GEDCOM compliance and data consistency. The compliance tool consistently reports a non-compliance instance of "Isolated Entities," B00001, Submitter ID, "Entity with no link at all to any other entity."

I haven't found a way to make B00001 "non-isolated." I've looked at B00001 record with all three built-in editors, tried Google searches, and a search of the GEDCOM 5.1 Standard pdf document, but with no success. I'm not sure where else to look to resolve what seems to be a recently implemented compliance-check feature of Release 11.

Appreciation in advance for all responses and suggestions to this issue.

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Submitter "Isolated Entities" Non-Compliance with Validation Tool
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 23:02:31 »
The report should not display the Submitter entity in this report.

There is always one submitter linked to the header in GEDCOM 5.5 and 5.5.1.
If you don't use it for other entities this submitter is isolated, but this is not an error.

Normally, Submitter entities are skipped from this check, I don't have found what from time to time this appears in the report.
You can just ignore this notification.

Zurga