Author Topic: Solved - WebBook  (Read 4272 times)

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
Solved - WebBook
« on: June 20, 2021, 08:09:18 »
One more question.
More and more I'm using the GED com edtitor, and learning the tags.
I like to see the result of my entries, in a report, hence I have created and saved locally a WebBook.

To that I have (for now) two questions:
*For me I have entered my SSN, and marked it confidential (in the attached example the full SSN is not the correct), but the full SSN is still published in the WebBook. I have tried the different options under 'Hide private data', but I can't find the option to only have the tags marked confidential, not published. How do I do that?
* In the GED com I have several RESI, with DATE and PLAC, but only the DATE is published in the WebBook. How do I get also the PLAC published? Do I use a wrong tag?

In the attached PDF document I have pasted:
* relevant part of the GED com file
* the relevant part of the resulting book

BR
Erik
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 13:09:29 by Erik Runge »

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Généalogie personnelle et logiciel gratuit Ancestris
Re: WebBook
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 08:29:13 »
Hi Erik,

You are right in using SSN for private infiormation. In the preferences, private data, you would have to set the "SSN" tag instead of "_PRIV" as the one describing private information. By default Ancestris sets it to _PRIV (to indicate you can choose yours, but we will probabaly change it as the Gedcom norm has defined SSN already). I tell you that from memory and hope this is enough.

Regarding RESI, not sure, because the webbook is using the ADDR tag if it exists, otherwise defaults to the PLAC tag... I have just tried with PLAC and it works for me here. How did you store your location for RESI please ?

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 10:37:32 »
Hi Frederic,
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the confidentiality of the SSN, I used the Areis editor to set the confidentality, which then in the GEDcom editor comes out as 'RESN confidential'.
I'll try using the "_PRIV" tag instead.

Regarding RESI, which in the WebBook comes out with only the DATE and not the PLAC tag. That is, as many of the other tags in my GEDcom file, from the export from LEGACY and import to Ancestris.
Is the PLAC tag not a sub-tag to e.g. RESI or ADDR?

BR
Erik
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:46:10 by Erik Runge »

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 11:16:20 »
Erik,

Regarding _PRIV, that's not what I meant sorry. You should rather set "RESN" as the private tag if you use Ariès (we will correct this later). Go to preferences, Data, Privacy and change the private tag name to RESN.

Regarding RESI, the webbook does take ADDR into account (CITY and CTRY). What is you RESI structure ? (no need to change your data nor the import).

====================

Med hensyn til _PRIV er det ikke det, jeg mente undskyld. Du skal hellere indstille "RESN" som det private tag, hvis du bruger Ariès (vi retter det senere). Gå til præferencer, data, fortrolighed og skift navnet på det private tag til RESN.

Med hensyn til RESI tager webbogen ADDR i betragtning (CITY og CTRY). Hvad er din RESI-struktur? (ingen grund til at ændre dine data eller importen).

Skål,
Frederic

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 14:33:33 »
Hi Frederic,
Thanks for your guidance and suggestions :-)

In the attached is an example of the RESI structure exported from Legacy and imported to Ancestris.
Which all comes out in the WebBook with date (also to and from), notes and sources, but no place.

Santé
Erik

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 14:35:24 »
Very strange, RESI:PLAC should be picked up by the webbook...

Can you send me your gedcom file in private please ?

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
Sv: WebBook
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 15:17:25 »
Hi Frederic,
Thank you for your fast reply :-)
No, unfortunately not - I can't send you my full GEDcom file also not in private :-( - as I have several living and some medical information in my file.
I can only, as I have done, send you clippings from the file.

Amicalement
Erik

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re : WebBook
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 15:37:49 »
As an alternative, does the webbook print places for RESI for the Kennedy genealogy ?
A couple of tests you can do:
- add RESI:PLAC tags to the Kennedy genealogy exactly as they are in your genealogy : does the PLAC tag appear in the Kennedy webbook ?
- try to drag and drop individuals from your genealogy that are not private and that do not work in the Webbook. does the PLAC tag appear correctly in the Kennedy webbook ? If not, then yo ucan send me this new Kennedy gedcom file.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 16:25:45 »
Hi Frederic,
I have opened the Kennedy GEDcom file in Ancestris and as a text file in notebook.
In notebook I have searched for "RESI" and found one for @I66@ Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald.
In Ancestris I have created a WebBook from the Kennedy GEDcom file
Please see the attached clippings.

As can be seen there i a RESI:PLACE "Hyannis Port, ,  Barnstable County, MA, USA in the GEDcom file, which does not display in the WebBook (there is only the small picture of a house).
BR
Erik

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 17:03:24 »
Humm. You are right. There is something strange. It works with my genealogy and it does not work with the Kennedy genealogy.
Thanks for reporting this. I will fix it later today and let you know when done.

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 20:50:47 »
Hi Erik,

OK. I have found what was the problem and I fixed it.

Cheers,
Frederic

==========

Hej Erik,

OK. Jeg fandt, hvad problemet var, og løste det.

Skål,
Frederik

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 21:07:59 »
Tres bien :-)  Merci Frederic.

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 08:58:33 »
Hi Frederic,
Sorry, I can't make the RESI:PLAC work for the WebBook, for my own GEDcom file.
As a test I have created the attached very simple GEDcom file. From this I get the RESI:DATE and from PLAC I only get City, where I was expecting to get also the by me added PLAC:FORM street in the WebBook.
Can this be because I am changing the PLAC:FORM ?

BR
Erik

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 10:12:46 »
Hi Erik,

You are right. Places for RESI were not aligned to the way they were displayed for other events. That was not logical. I have fixed this as well. So now if RESI takes the PLAC tag for the location, but if a ADDR tag also exists, it takes the ADDR location instead.

I think we are good this time. Thanks for providing the small example, that helped !

Cheers,
Frederic

=====

Hej Erik,

Du har ret. Steder for RESI var ikke tilpasset den måde, de blev vist på for andre begivenheder. Det var ikke logisk. Jeg har også løst dette. Så nu hvis RESI tager PLAC-tagget for placeringen, men hvis der også findes et ADDR-tag, tager det ADDR-placeringen i stedet.

Jeg synes, vi er gode denne gang. Tak for at give det lille eksempel, der hjalp!

Skål,
Frederic
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 10:55:49 by Zurga »

Offline Erik Runge

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re : Solved - WebBook
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 13:12:15 »
encore merci! Now it works, also for my own GEDcom file :-)