Ancestris Support > DANSK

LØST! GED Eksport

<< < (2/4) > >>

ebea:
Hi Francois!

Both Yes and No, to your understanding of the problem.

Yes, I could choose to use the working file, and send this, if it was what I wanted. But when I look in my File Explorer, I see a lot of files, which are created (I guess by automatic saving, as there are timestamp on the files) from my original working file, and which are even more confusing, in choosing the correct file, even that I can see the original File name in my Tree, and the File I'm working on.
As I see the "logic" in the use of the GED file, it should be so, that I work on a File with a chosen name, and only that name. And when I choose to Export that file, with all whats included in this, of Notes, documents, and so on, I do expect, that it is exported as a correct GED File, with the name I choose.

When I choose "Save As" in the File menu, my Tree changes fully, and set in a new Proband. So as written before, none of these things, seems to be logic in any way.

So could you explain me, WHY I can't export a GED file (which should be a standard procedure, according to the GED standard).

And WHY do my Tree suddenly change, when I use "Save As"?

I begin to see the same problems with the Tree changing, as I experienced, the first time I installed the Version 11. At that time, I removed the Version11, and moved to Version10, and after that (by your advice), I removed all kind of Ancestris on my Computer, and installed the Version11 again.

ebea:
Hi Zurga!

maybe it works so, by you "Close it, open again your previous file and you will get back the old tree". But that's not the case by me. As written more times, I saves a file, with a fully new structure, and open that up, when I start Ancestris, AND it also opens up the File I was working on, when I did use "Save As".

So I see the problems as explained in the message, 19:32:26 to Francois!

I can't Export, and I can't "Save As", without getting a none correct working file.

Zurga:

--- Quote from: ebea on May 31, 2021, 19:32:26 ---Yes, I could choose to use the working file, and send this, if it was what I wanted. But when I look in my File Explorer, I see a lot of files, which are created (I guess by automatic saving, as there are timestamp on the files) from my original working file, and which are even more confusing, in choosing the correct file, even that I can see the original File name in my Tree, and the File I'm working on.
As I see the "logic" in the use of the GED file, it should be so, that I work on a File with a chosen name, and only that name. And when I choose to Export that file, with all whats included in this, of Notes, documents, and so on, I do expect, that it is exported as a correct GED File, with the name I choose.

--- End quote ---
You can define how number of backup you want to have.
See the preferences: https://docs.ancestris.org/books/user-guide/page/preferences#bkmrk-files
The current file has always the default name with no timestamp.
It's always the newest file.
Copy it, you will have the full content of your working file.
All the timestamp files ar backup with old modification done when you press CTRL+S or the save icon on the toolbar.

--- Quote from: ebea on May 31, 2021, 19:32:26 ---So could you explain me, WHY I can't export a GED file (which should be a standard procedure, according to the GED standard).

--- End quote ---
Because there is no transformation from your file that need an "export".
If you just copy everything, no need to export, copy from your file explorer.

--- Quote from: ebea on May 31, 2021, 19:32:26 ---And WHY do my Tree suddenly change, when I use "Save As"?

--- End quote ---
Because you create a new file with no information cached on what was the Probant of your file.
So, by default, it opens on the first individual found.

--- Quote from: ebea on May 31, 2021, 19:40:35 ---maybe it works so, by you "Close it, open again your previous file and you will get back the old tree". But that's not the case by me. As written more times, I saves a file, with a fully new structure, and open that up, when I start Ancestris, AND it also opens up the File I was working on, when I did use "Save As".

So I see the problems as explained in the message, 19:32:26 to Francois!

I can't Export, and I can't "Save As", without getting a none correct working file.

--- End quote ---
Why you don't open the old one ?
Of course the tree change if you create a new file.

Zurga

arvernes:
Hvad hvis vi tilføjede to nye muligheder :
- hvis "Gem som" giver en ekstra mulighed for at gemme gedcom-filen som den er, uden filter, men under et andet navn.
- hvis "Eksporter" giver en ekstra mulighed for at eksportere gedcom-filen som den er, og du får mulighed for at vælge navnet på filen og det sted, hvor du vil placere den
Ville det opfylde dine forventninger?
Francois

arvernes:
Hej Ebea

--- Quote ---Yes, I could choose to use the working file, and send this, if it was what I wanted. But when I look in my File Explorer, I see a lot of files, which are created (I guess by automatic saving, as there are timestamp on the files) from my original working file, and which are even more confusing, in choosing the correct file, even that I can see the original File name in my Tree, and the File I'm working on.
--- End quote ---
Du er nødt til at se her:
Valg - Tilpas - Filer - Antal Sikkerhedskopier

Disse filer er backup-filer, som automatisk oprettes af Ancestris, hver gang du klikker på "Gem". Du kan vælge det antal sikkerhedskopier, du vil have.

--- Quote ---As I see the "logic" in the use of the GED file, it should be so, that I work on a File with a chosen name, and only that name. And when I choose to Export that file, with all whats included in this, of Notes, documents, and so on, I do expect, that it is exported as a correct GED File, with the name I choose.
--- End quote ---
Da Ancestris arbejder direkte på gedcom-filen (.ged), er der ingen grund til at eksportere den, da eksporten kun ville være en kopi af gedcom-filen, bortset fra det navn, som du måske ønsker at ændre. Derfor stillede jeg dig et spørgsmål i min anden besked. Som sagt, hvis du vælger "Gem som", gemmer du kun en del af din gedcom-fil afhængigt af de indstillinger, du vælger. Det er derfor, at når du laver "Gem som", vil du finde et andet stamtræ end det, du arbejdede på.

--- Quote ---When I choose "Save As" in the File menu, my Tree changes fully, and set in a new Proband. So as written before, none of these things, seems to be logic in any way.

So could you explain me, WHY I can't export a GED file (which should be a standard procedure, according to the GED standard).

And WHY do my Tree suddenly change, when I use "Save As"
--- End quote ---
Se min forklaring ovenfor.
Jeg håber, at mine forklaringer er tydeligere.
Mvh. Francois

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version