Author Topic: Issue Importing Ancestry.Com Gedcom File Into Ancestris  (Read 3515 times)

Offline weyenot

• VIP
    • View Profile
Issue Importing Ancestry.Com Gedcom File Into Ancestris
« on: February 28, 2021, 00:35:28 »
I have a 12.9+ mb gedcom (.GED) file successfully exported on 2/27/2021 from Ancestry.Com. I am using a current updated version of Windows 10 Home with a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. And I am using Java Ver. 8 update 281. I attempted to import the Ancestry GED file into Ancestris version 10 and 11 but both versions generating thousands of exceptions. What is the best method to import an Ancestry.com GED file to generate little to no import errors?

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
ReĀ : Issue Importing Ancestry.Com Gedcom File Into Ancestris
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:14:37 »
Ancestry.com like almost all softwares and sites doesn't generate correct GEDCOM files.
Ancestris tries to correct most of incorrect data.
But we are not aware of all inconsistencies or idiosyncratic choices of each system.

Ancestris gives you the list of anomalies corrected.
You can check in Ancestry.com if you can adjust theses data before exporting them.

Please don't hesitate to write here the type of errors you detect if you don't understand them.
If you want I look in details your errors, you can send me your GEDCOM file (zurga @ ancestris.org )

Zurga