Author Topic: How to see EVERYONE in the dynamic tree view?  (Read 4180 times)

Offline andreas_n

• VIP
    • View Profile
How to see EVERYONE in the dynamic tree view?
« on: January 24, 2021, 19:59:37 »
Is there any way to see ALL individuals of a family tree in the Dynamic tree view? It's very annoying that some individuals are just disappearing from the tree view. For example, one of my ancestors has three siblings. They are displayed in the Cygnus editor when I click on the individual in the Dynamic tree view but not in the tree view itself. I keep experimenting with different tree roots, views etc. but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any help!

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Généalogie personnelle et logiciel gratuit Ancestris
Re : How to see EVERYONE in the dynamic tree view?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 20:51:22 »
Hi Andreas,

The graph is the only graphic view where you can see all individuals at the same time in a family tree.

The dynamic tree view displays ancestors and descendants of the root individual you choose. This design comes from the fact that you cannot easilly display both an ascending line and a descending line for several individuals at the same time.

To see siblings of an individual, you have to choose a root individual among the ascendants of these siblings. Their father for instance.

Then you can navigate among individuals without changing the root in the tree.

I guess the direct answer to your question is to *not* change the root individual when you navigate from person to person. This is the default behaviour by the way.

I hope this little explanation answers your need, otherwise please let us know.

Cheers,
Frederic

Offline andreas_n

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: How to see EVERYONE in the dynamic tree view?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 15:47:43 »
Thank you Frederic, it's clear now.