Author Topic: Centralized Management of Genealogy Info across Genealogy Sites  (Read 3195 times)

Offline datasmith

• VIP
    • View Profile
Is there an open source solution to centralized Management of Genealogy Info across Genealogy Sites (ancestry.com, myheritage, etc)?

I would be interested in being able to update Genealogy Sites using this solution.

I understand Rootsmagic has a feature that has some support for this requirement.

I would be interested in implementing this feature if it currently does not exist.

Offline FredericL

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Généalogie personnelle et logiciel gratuit Ancestris
Re: Centralized Management of Genealogy Info across Genealogy Sites
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 14:10:23 »
Hi,

Thanks for your message. I'm not sure I understand your request but I can say that Ancestris.org is a software solution to be installed on a local PC and that manages a local gedcom file as a database.

There is a possibility to export to geneanet which is a genealogy site, and import from many genealogy software.

Maybe if you explain what you would like to achieve, it would help me understand.

Additionnaly, if you are interested in contributing such feature to Ancestris, once I know what you mean, I am very open in principle to consider it.

Best regards,
Frederic