Author Topic: Correcting marriages  (Read 3821 times)

Offline mde

• VIP
    • View Profile
Correcting marriages
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:25:35 »
I really am having a lot of problems with genders and marriages. The system previews so many options that the basic one seems hard to insert. I have thrown away twice a whole morning's work and started again. But now I find myself back with problems. For example, I have a man and his wife listed together. But three men I thought I had put in as their sons are listed independently of the mother. I try and delete the blank mother he is assigned and select the correct woman but nothing happens. The "add mother' box stays blank even when I press "Save" (which normally processes changes). Instead the subject changes from the man to his mother!

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Correcting marriages
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:46:08 »
Hello,
The basic information to enter are the name, first names, gender, date and place of birth and death. Once done, you can easily add a wife / husband, to create a family. Once a family created you just have to create the children. If the children are already created, you just have to link them to the right family. It's not a big deal. ONce you're familiar with the way to enter data, you may add different additional information (sources, etc...). Francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !