Author Topic: jurisdiction  (Read 4838 times)

Offline inawink

• VIP
    • View Profile
jurisdiction
« on: November 18, 2017, 19:32:09 »
I'm very new to Ancestris. I notice in the help video in the Family Tree window that 'City' is only shown but in the Gedcom window the full place name is shown how is this achieved. 

Offline oops66

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re : jurisdiction
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 20:05:39 »
I'm very new to Ancestris. I notice in the help video in the Family Tree window that 'City' is only shown but in the Gedcom window the full place name is shown how is this achieved.
Hello,
Did you tried this:
View / Liste of Places / Right mouse click / Update places display format / set ex: 0,1, (instead 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
MX18 Continuum & Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Ancestris V 0.10.0.xxxx

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : jurisdiction
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 20:15:49 »
It's because in the tree view, we use blueprints in html language. So you can decide in the blueprint you use, which jurisdictions you want to be displayed. In the gedcom editor, of course you have all jurisdictions which describe a place. Blueprints for individuals or families are made by Ancestris users, and we package with Ancestris, the best ones people decided to share with the ancestris users community. Best regards, francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !