Author Topic: Information Sheets Help Request  (Read 5108 times)

Offline steveflanuk

• VIP
    • View Profile
Information Sheets Help Request
« on: January 04, 2014, 21:23:37 »
Hello All

I've been using Ancestris for around two years now and am enjoying it very much. One thing I did find frustrating was the lack of a family group sheet report.

I was delighted, therefore, when I saw that this had become available in the 0.8 beta release however I am having some problems. (Daniel Andre's ReportGedart)

I wish, if possible, to get the information sheets into pdf format and have clicked on saveReportToFile option and have then given my report a name (both with and without the .pdf extension at the end) - however, my pdf file can't be opened by a pdf viewer.

I then read something that suggested that my output should be a html file. Again I have tried naming the file with and without a  .html extension at the end, but I still have no luck.

I have tried all options being checked and unchecked but I still can't see the report similar to the Andre's excellent examples.

Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Information Sheets Help Request
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:46:14 »
Hello Steve,

I suppose  you run Ancestris beta 0.8.
I've just updated this morning the translation of the different parameters used by this report from french to english, that way it will be more meaningful.
Second I 've updated the explanations given in the report summary, but in french, not in english. So if you're running beta 0.8, please let the program update itself.

Once done, you have to download the package of templates. Its name is "modeles_gedart_tous.zip" (again sorry, it's in french and help is wanted to translate some plugins documentation). If you have problems to understand the way to proceed, keep me posted, I will try to update the english translation.
Once the templates installed, you have to restart Ancestris.
Choose the template you want to use, but uncheck (we are still in a beta phase, so it's temporary) the option "save to file". That way the result will be opened in your web browser. There, you will be able to save the file the way you want. (File - Save As from your browser). Hope this helps.

Something else: all the templates have been made by french people, so if you need help to design english ones from them, I can help. Francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Information Sheets Help Request
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 15:51:59 »
Hello Steve,

I then read something that suggested that my output should be a html file. Again I have tried naming the file with and without a  .html extension at the end, but I still have no luck.
anks in advance

The html output bug has been fixed. The island_indi template has been updated too. You should be able to run it as expected.
As I said, the templates are written in french, so if you need an english template to test it against your data, feel free to ask I could help you to translate one of them ;-) Francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !

Offline steveflanuk

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Information Sheets Help Request
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 20:06:41 »
Francois

Many thanks for all your help - the report is working great now and, in my opinion, is a major additional plus point to this great piece of software.

If I need any further help regarding translation I'll let you know but hopefully my very basic French should see me OK.

Regards

Steve