Author Topic: Ancestris crashes when I click on "Print of current view"  (Read 41 times)

Offline Graziano

• VIP
    • View Profile
I use "Print of current view" to print a pdf file that has the entire current view on a single page. To do this, I had to set up my pdf printer with a very large (virtual) sheet of paper (in the virtual printer options, not in Ancestris).

Unfortunately my family tree has grown a lot, so I had to set up an even bigger virtual sheet. Since I did this, now Ancestris crashes when I click on "Print of current view".
Is there a way to reset everything?

Or anyway, is there a way to create a pdf or jpg of the current view without using the "Print of current view" button?
Thank you very much.

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestris crashes when I click on "Print of current view"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 18:18:14 »
Crash ?
Do you mean that Ancestris exits or just an error ?
If there is an error, could you provide the technical log ?

Ancestris uses your printing property. If you adjust your property in your printing device, Ancestris should be able to send information to printer (eventually a virtual one).

Zurga

Offline Graziano

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 18:19:54 »
"Crash?" Sorry, it blocks.

It seems that I managed to solve the problem, at least partially.

The problem now is that if I press print sheet vertically, the result is a blank sheet. If I print horizontally, however, I have no problems (but the result comes out on several pages).

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 18:41:44 »
Don't hesitate to share your log if you want we could see why it blocks.

You can find it by following our documentation : https://docs.ancestris.org/books/user-guide/page/software-files-and-user-settings-files#bkmrk-the-configuration-fi

Zurga