Ancestris Support > ENGLISH

Bug in Ares editor

<< < (2/2)

Macafyc:
Thank you very much for your interest!

As I mentioned this error only happens if you select an option from Aries editor toolbar so the floating window is opened. Selecting Aries editor from Menu View opens a docked window and everything works fine.

Zurga:
I see there is no Aries docked windows.
I have to find why, my last modification should have prevented such a thing.
Meanwhile, I suggest you to keep an Aries editor docked.

Zurga

Zurga:
OK. Found it and fixed it.
Should be OK in tomorrow version.
Now, it will always open a docked windows when use the editor buttons if there is none of them.
The docked windows is mandatory to have a correct commit/rollback of all windows you can open when you use Aries Editor. The stack of windows is a nightmare to be sure that all panels are correctly commited or rollbacked if there is no docked windows.
There were lot of bugs with this before (events details not saved under some conditions, null pointer exception in others cases,...)
I hope I got all the way to open the editor.
Keep me informed if anything is still wrong.

Zurga

Macafyc:
Aries 0.10.0.9807 version runs well: I can edit or add properties without problems.

In a fresh install (without .ancestris folder) the behaviour is exactly as you said: it will always open a docked window if there is none.
But with a previous version (an existing .ancestris folder) it continues opening a floating window probably related with .ancestris\trunk\config\Windows2Local\Modes\Ancestris-editor.wsmode and .ancestris\trunk\config\Preferences\ancestris\modules\editors\genealogyeditor.properties files

Thank you for fixing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version