Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
ENGLISH / Re: [Dutch] Header changes after an import/convert of a new Gedcom
« Last post by Zurga on May 01, 2024, 13:38:19 »
Date and time, it is possible.
The list of modification, I don't see why it could be a good idea.
You have it in the report.

For the place format, we adjust to the PLAC tag in the header.
So, why it is mandatory to ask before something which is defined in the file ?

Zurga
We'll try to change it.

Zurga
ENGLISH / Re: MacOs compatibility
« Last post by FredericL on May 01, 2024, 13:28:08 »
java -version gives you the output of the default java version, which obviously is 17. Changing the jdkhome variable in ancestris.conf file has no impact on your default java installation which will remain 17 until you uninstall and reinstall another one. This is independent from Ancestris.

In your ancestris.conf file in the user folder, you need to explicit ${SDKMAN_DIR} with the absolute real path. Ancestris does not know what ${SDKMAN_DIR} means.

Regards,
Frederic
« Last post by Zurga on May 01, 2024, 13:26:06 »
The log file should be in : /Users/gprovost/Library/Application Support/ancestris/trunk/var/log

I think the main trouble is the ${SDKMAN_DIR} which is not understood or translated by Netbeans program.
Ancestris relies on Netbeans (https://netbeans.apache.org/front/main/index.html )
Perhaps you can try to put the absolute path.
Even if you need to change Java version for your job, you don't needs to change of Java version for Ancestris.

Zurga
« Last post by gprovost on May 01, 2024, 12:42:36 »
Hello Frédéric

The file is in /Users/<yourname>/Library/Application Support/ancestris/trunk/etc/ancestris.conf.
-> this folder does not exist

but even If I create the folder "/Users/gprovost/Library/Application Support/ancestris/trunk/etc/ancestris.conf" and edit the conf files as follow : jdkhome="${SDKMAN_DIR}/candidates/java/current"
I still get the error message

java -version                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ─╯
openjdk version "17.0.11" 2024-04-16 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Corretto-17.0.11.9.1 (build 17.0.11+9-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Corretto-17.0.11.9.1 (build 17.0.11+9-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)

Is there a log file somewhere ?

Regards
FRANÇAIS / Partage d'arbres
« Last post by yannig on May 01, 2024, 12:12:16 »
Bonjour,

Juste pour vous rappeler la session de partage d'arbres de ce samedi 4 mai de 19:00 à 22:00

Pour être au rendez-vous:

Lancer Ancestris
    Allez dans Menu > Outils > Comparaison de généalogies
    Cocher 'Comparer' sur le rectangle de gauche
    Cliquer ensuite sur le bouton vert au-dessus

Pour la documentation détaillée: https://docs.ancestris.org/books/mode-demploi/page/comparaison-de-g%C3%A9n%C3%A9alogies

Postez_ici pour toute question.

Amitiés
DUTCH / Re: Fout na Overlijden
« Last post by mother10 on May 01, 2024, 12:03:40 »
Ok heel vreemd want bij mij ging het niet fout. Ik ga het doorgeven voor je.

Groetjes,
Tineke
DUTCH / Re: Stiefkinderen.
« Last post by mother10 on May 01, 2024, 12:01:55 »
Hallo Jan,

Ik neem aan dat je bedoelt dat je het wel kunt invoeren, maar dat je eigenlijk de eventuele foutmelding die je krijgt niet wilt hebben.

Dus de situatie:
Een moeder heeft kinderen uit een vorige relatie, en ze hertrouwd met een veel jongere man.
Dan wil je geen foutmeldingen bij de tweede man, op de kinderen van haar eerste man, omdat die tweede man te jong zou zijn om ze te krijgen.

Bedoel je dat?
Krijg je daar dan een foutmelding op?

Groetjes,
Tineke
Hi all,

After doing an import of a Gedcom, I ask for the total list of changes/updates Ancestris made.
I get that in the document window.

When i print that document from the document window, lots of those lines become unreadable, see screenshots.

Could that be changed?

Cheers,
Tineke
ENGLISH / [Dutch] Header changes after an import/convert of a new Gedcom
« Last post by mother10 on May 01, 2024, 11:39:39 »
Hi all,

I noticed that after an import/convert of a Gedcom, there now is a note put in the header, telling what program the original file comes from.
Very handy!!!

But i would like to see the following added to that same Note:
Date and Time of Import
List of the modifications Ancestris did to the header (they are now mentioned in that report you can get of the conversion, but it might be handy to put that same info in that extra Note too.

A possibility to tell Ancestris the Placeformat of the imported file.
So before the conversion/import is started.
Because now my import format for places from my old program is:

Place,Province,Country   (example: Amsterdam, NH, NLD)
(have no possibility there to do it as the gedcom wants it)
After importing I get:
,,,Amsterdam,NH,NLD
So in fact i get:
,,,Province,State,Country

Well everyone knows Amsterdam is certainly not a Province. And in the Netherlands we have no States, only Provinces.
Now ofcourse i could do that manually, but why not give users some help and let Ancestris do it for them.
I understand this is only possible if the inputted places have ALL a fixed format, but here that is the case.

Furthermore I get a lot of remarks from Ancestris about the placeformat in my imported Gedcom.
That is obvious, because of the strange way my Places are input.
With the above change that will not happen anymore.

Cheers,
Tineke

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10