Author Topic: Place confusion  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Paul

• VIP
    • View Profile
Place confusion
« on: October 18, 2019, 14:44:54 »
In the places list I have a place name that appears to be duplicated, with records referencing each one. But there is only one such place in the drop-down selector when allocating a place to an event. How can I merge the two together?

Also a new empty place seems to have been created. I'm guessing this is because I've added or edited an event where the place isn't known. Is this the case and should it happen?

Cheers

Paul

Offline Paul

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Place confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:00:04 »
There's something wierd about this. I deleted all events that were linked to the second place 'Harpurhey' (the one that showed up in red in the places list) and it disappeared from the places list as expected.

I recreated an event for one of the individuals and selected 'Harpurhey' from the drop-down list. Opening the places list I see there is only one 'Harpurhey' listed but this individuals event isn't linked to it - instead it is linked to an unknown place at the top of the places list. I think the screenshots might explain it better!

I'm guessing that because the lat/long co-ords for Harpurhey are showing in black rather than blue in the places list, it is not considered a valid place and new events are therefore being linked to the 'unknown' place.

Can someone explain this please or tell me what I'm doing wrong, it's very confusing!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:03:07 by Paul »

Offline Paul

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Place confusion
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:03:34 »
Other screen-shots

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re : Place confusion