Author Topic: Newcomer Questions to Ancestris  (Read 3794 times)

Offline shoujoq

• VIP
  • Scion of House Celerian
    • View Profile
Newcomer Questions to Ancestris
« on: May 30, 2019, 06:22:44 »
Hi,

I'm a new user to Ancestris and am looking to create a genealogy for characters in a fictional setting that I have developed. I was wondering if it is possible to use a custom calendar for dates in an Ancestris family tree, as the fictional setting in question has a nonstandard calendar based around its own peculiar orbital mechanics.

In addition, I would like to know if it is possible to select a different font for use in the generation of reports (such as the All-in-One Chart). The default font is readable enough, but I wouldn't mind being able to style it to match the cultural themes of the fictional setting I am using.

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomer Questions to Ancestris
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:36:01 »
Hi,

Thank you to use Ancestris.

This software is designed to follow the GEDCOM standard.
This standard define only four calendars (Gregorian, Julian, French Republican, Hebrew).
The dates are parsed to separate Day, Month and Year accordingly to one of theses calendars.
You can put the date you wan, but the date won't be recognized and won't be parsed.
This means that in several windows, the date won't be displayed.
We not plan to put a specific calendar.

For the font, if there is an option in the parameter tab of the report, you can change the font.
If not, let me know the one you want to use, I will try to set an option for you.

Zurga

Offline shoujoq

• VIP
  • Scion of House Celerian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:53:41 »
This standard define only four calendars (Gregorian, Julian, French Republican, Hebrew).
The dates are parsed to separate Day, Month and Year accordingly to one of theses calendars.
You can put the date you wan, but the date won't be recognized and won't be parsed.
This means that in several windows, the date won't be displayed.
We not plan to put a specific calendar.

Unfortunate, but understandable. Thanks anyway.

For the font, if there is an option in the parameter tab of the report, you can change the font.

There is not such an option in the parameter tab of the All-in-One Chart, unfortunately.
I would honestly like to be able to choose from any font file stored on my computer.

Offline Zurga

• VIP
  • Supernatural Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 23:04:18 »
Hi,

Tomorrow morning, you should be able to define the Font you want to use for this chart.
You will be able to choose one font for the title, one for the footer and one for the information details.

Zurga