Ancestris Support > ENGLISH

Dates on the final/printed pedigree

(1/3) > >>

mde:
I have a question about making dates appear on the final pedigree. I have many subjects who were born pre-1864 (beginning of Irish civil registration) or pre-1845 (beginning of British). For many I have  baptism. Is is possible for these subjects to show baptism instead of birth? Also for some I have a year of birth worked out on the basis of the death certificate. It doesn't seem to be possible to write 'c. 1840' or 'circa 1840' but simply to put in the year. Is it possible to somehow indicate that this is not an exact date?

I also want the address to show on the final pedigree. As it is now the box is there but blank. Is there something I need to do to activate it?

Thanks!

arvernes:
Hello,
Can you explain what you mean with "pedigree" in your message. Do you want the date and place of baptism to be displayed in the tree view? somewhere else? If it's in the treeview (dynamic tree), it's easy. Best regards, Francois

mde:
I am looking at the Dynamic Tree and editing from that like you showed me. The occupation box is filled out so I can see it. I have filled out 'Residence' with the Cygnus editor but the field appears blank.

arvernes:
Hi,
It's very simple, it's because the blueprint you use doesn't show the residence. This afternoon, I added a video related to "how to customize a blueprint". The blueprints, Ancestris is shipped with, are made by users of Ancestris. Ancestris is based on the principle "users helping users", so additional blueprints are available on the wiki (I guess only the french one, but of course it's free download). We are pleased to receive blueprints made by people to add them to the downloadable blueprints package.

About the videos, as I said, there are today 5 on line, but I will do others only if I have feedback about them. If it's useful I will add more if time permits.
Francois

mde:
That's great I will have a look and get back to you ...

I have some connected too. When the pedigree that is ready to be printed, it is very large. I don't have a printer at home and in any case want to bring it to a print shop and get it printed on a huge A1 or A2 piece of paper. What I want to print is something that looks how it is in Dynamic Tree where I see everyone at once. I go to Reports but there is nothing to select that looks like this. How do I make a pdf (or other form of file) that I can bring to the print shop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version