Author Topic: Can't get started with Transestris  (Read 6758 times)

Offline mette

• VIP
    • View Profile
Can't get started with Transestris
« on: October 31, 2017, 21:20:35 »
Hi, can anyone help me?

I will try to do a little translation work to make Ancestris a little more Danish after Lars' great work.

I downloaded JDK 8u151 and Netbeans 7.4. My platform is Win10.

I'm not sure I have "updated Netbeans with the latest updates available" as the manual says. How to do that?

I tried to get started with Netbeans: Team, Subvision, Checkout. Entered "http://svn.ancestris.org" as repository URL and my username and pw. But the response is:

SVN command returned with the following error:
org.apachesubvision.javahl.ClienException: E200015 anthentication cancelled.

I'm lost :-)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:20:35 by mette »
Venlig hilsen/Best regards
Mette

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
  • Pep den a dle heuilh e Donkadur
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Can't get started with Netbeans
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:24:41 »
Hi Mette,
I'm not sure I'm the one good enough on this question, but first, you have to download Netbeans 8.02 (I guess it's 8.01, but when you install it, it is reported as 8.02, I've never understood that) as it is said on the wiki (but I've just seen that the danish wiki is not updated. i will fix that). The error you have is because you are not declared on our system as a developer with full access on the repository. The user name and password are not the same as the ones you use here or on the wiki. Those username and password to access the repository are given by Daniel André, the author of Ancestris.

Second, if you want to do/fix translation, the best tool is Trancestris. Netbeans is the tool for development, so if you want your translation to be integrated to Ancestris using Netbeans, you have to request for a developer access. I'm not sure it's a good thing to have a developer access just for translation, except if  you know exactly what you're doing, because a wrong manipulation on your side can delete the source code of Ancestris on the repository ;-)
But of course if you know java language, and you want to help with the code itself, we will be happy to welcome you on our development team.
If so, the first step is to install Netbeans, then download the source code with an anonymous access, create for example a report, or a plugin, send it to our dev team, and if it's ok, you will have a developer access on the repository to upload your work and make it available to all Ancestris users.
Best regards, Francois
Met ’drokfen ket evit teñzorioù va Frankiz !

Offline mette

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get started with Netbeans
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:20:10 »
Hi again!

I only want to translate, so I will put away Netbeans ;-)

Trancestris gives an error:
http://trac.ancestris.org/wiki/AncestrisTraduc_English#I-Whichprogramtouse:Trancestris

Oops:
Trac detected an internal error:
AttributeError: NullTranslationsBabel instance has no attribute 'isactive'

Mette

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Can't get started with Transestris
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 11:42:54 »
Hi,
That's strange, exactly the same error as Niels-Ole. You get this error when you access the trac web site? I wonder if the web page try to load a danish module to give you the site displayed in danish. Hmmmm? I'm gonna tell Daniel. Keep you posted. Francois

Offline mette

• VIP
    • View Profile
Sv: Can't get started with Transestris
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 19:11:42 »
So I'm not the only one who is a little stupid ;-D

Niels-Ole found out that changing language in Firefox would help. And it did. A sort of.
Now I see the Trancestris page
http://trac.ancestris.org/wiki/AncestrisTraduc_English#cHowtouseit
right.

I have downloaded Trancestris. And it's updated.

But I can't download the ...bundles.zip file.

Niels-Ole will try to help - It seems to work at his computer.
Mette

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Can't get started with Transestris
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 19:56:08 »
Hi,
Be sure not to change that line :
http://www.dl.ancestris.org/trancestris/bundles/Ancestris_Bundles.zip

You can check easily:
From the main menu : File - Download the latest file "Ancestris_Bundles.zip"
On the first line, you should see :
Downloaded file : http://www.dl.ancestris.org/trancestris/bundles/Ancestris_Bundles.zip. Don't change anything on that line.
On the second line, where you specify, where you want the downloaded file must be placed on your computer, don't change the name "Ancestris_Bundles.zip". Put the path you want, but don't change the name of the bundles package.
When Trancestris is running, hit F1. This will open an internal help.
You shouldn't have problem to download the package. If you put the line "http://www.dl.ancestris.org/trancestris/bundles/Ancestris_Bundles.zip" in your web browser, you will download automagically the bundles package ;-). Sometimes, it happens that the first time someone want to send his/her translation, he/she didn't configure well the SMTP settings. When someone has a problem and he finds the right settings, I try to add that info into the Trancestris internal help.
Hope that helps. Francois

Offline mette

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get started with Transestris
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 20:18:53 »
I've done everything you says, but it can't download the bundle-file.

Recently I closed down my other browser so only Firefox was open. And it didn't help either.

Then I copied the URL to the browser. Then it downloaded.

But when I open this file in Transestris it says: File cannot be translated because there is no standard packacge available.

Am I too tired now ;-)??

Mette

Offline arvernes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Arvernes web site
Re : Can't get started with Trancestris
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 20:31:19 »
Hi,
If you downloaded the file Ancestris_Bundles.zip, (the bundles package), of course you have to know where you placed it (maybe in your download directory). If so, don't forget to change the second line I spoke before to match the path where the program can find the bundles package.  (from Main Menu : File - Download the latest file "Ancestris_Bundles.zip").
So click on "Save as", find where you put your Ancestris_Bundles.zip file, and click on Save.,
The program must know where to find what it has to translate.
Francois